Monday, May 31, 2010

Jen's Baby Shower: Frogs, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails

I had a blast throwing a baby shower for my little sister this weekend. She's having a boy, so I went with the theme "Frogs, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails."

The beverage menu included mini water bottles with themed labels, limeade, and Middle Sister Pino Grigio (Jen is the middle sister in our family).
The menu was simple: froggy fruit salad, snail shell tortilla roll ups, puppy chow and two kinds of cupcakes - pistachio and chocolate.

I used frog shaped clay cutters that I purchased from an online scrapbooking store to cut the fruit into little frog shapes. I purchased the fruit dip from Jason's Deli.

I served two kinds of tortilla roll ups. There was a turkey option and a vegetarian option that included cream cheese, green chiles and chadder cheese. I used an idea from Kraft's website to create the snail heads from pickles and chives.












The puppy chow was a huge hit. Also known as Muddie Buddies, the recipe is on the side of the Chex box. I made the dog house out of a cereal box.






I filled some glass vases with candy that fit the green, brown and white color theme. I used apple gummy rings, chocolate covered raisins and white chocolate covered pretzels. The cupake choices were chocolate with chocolate frosting and crushed green M&M's or green pistachio with cream cheese and crushed pistachios on top. I used a recipe for pistachio pudding cake for the pistachio cupacakes. It was super easy and they were delicious!


For the shower favors, I purchased some Haribo Rainbow Gummy Frogs from Cost Plus World Market and put them in little white bags that I found a Michaels. I hole punched the bags and tied ribbon through. I printed sticker labels for the bags that read, "Enjoy this doggy bag of gummy frogs at a snail's pace."

No comments:

Post a Comment